WYNDHAM GRAND CLEARWATER Beach hotel in Clearwater Beach, Florida, owned by doctor turned hotelier Dr. Kiran Patel, has reopened after temporarily closing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Another Wyndham Hotel & Resorts property, Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, also is reopening.
Both hotels have undergone deep cleaning and are implementing new health and safety procedures to protect guests and employees following the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s “Safe Stay” initiative and Wyndham’s “Count on UsSM” recovery plan.
The measures include:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers placed at key entrances and contact areas, including lobby reception areas, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, pools, exercise areas and more.
- COVID-19 safety sanitation protocol training for all employees who will follow personal protective equipment recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Public spaces and communal areas will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day, with an emphasis on hard non-porous surfaces such as guest elevator button panels.
- Traditional room service shall be replaced with a no-contact delivery method.
- Pool seating will be reconfigured to allow for at least six feet of separation between groups of guests.
- Meeting and banquet arrangements shall allow for physical distancing between guests.
“We have always had incredibly rigorous cleaning standards, and we are fully committed to enhancing these further to help provide a safe and enjoyable stay for all guests,” says Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach General Manager David Yamada. “We look forward to welcoming guests back to the resort for sun and sand along our beautiful, wide strip of the Gulf shore.”
Patel of Tampa, Florida, is well-known in Florida and other parts of the world for his business success and philanthropy. He has invested in hotels in such states as Florida, Pennsylvania, Arizona and Colorado, and he and his wife, also a physician, established the Drs. Kiran and Pallavi Patel Family Foundation.
“Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach Resort is now open, and our team remains focused on providing a healthy and truly enjoyable experience for our guests,” Patel said. “Our first weekend after reopening was strong, and we are optimistic that it’s a positive indication of the months ahead. We’re looking forward to welcoming our guests back for a relaxing retreat this summer.”
The 343-room Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach is 90 minutes from Orlando on Florida’s Gulf Coast. It contains a restaurant and two bars, the largest ballroom in Pinellas County and more than 22,000 square feet of meeting space.
The reopened Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek is located just outside of Disney World.
“Since opening in 2011, our hotel has always done an outstanding job providing our guests with an upscale, clean and comfortable stay,” said the hotel’s General Manager Robert Fohr. “Team members look forward to showing our guests that we are ready to welcome them back to our resort.”